Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v3 Product Family
The Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 product family-based workstation delivers visual performance for graphics-intensive applications.
Graphics performance with SPECviewperf* 11
SPECviewperf 11 is a graphics performance evaluation software that tests graphics performance on a wide range of real applications. SPECviewperf 11 offers 8 view sets, with larger models then previous versions, as well as advanced OpenGL* functionality such as shading and vertex buffer objects. The below results are the geometric mean of seven view sets.
See www.spec.org for more information on the workloads.
Intel estimated as of April 2014
Baseline configuration: Intel® C206 chipset-based Intel® Xeon® processor-based workstation platform with one Intel Xeon processor E3-1275 (quad-core, 3.4 GHz, 8M cache), ASNBCPT1.86C.0085.P00 July 5, 2012, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) best configuration, 8 GB memory (2x 4 GB DDR3-1333 ECC UDIMM), Intel® HD Graphics P3000 with driver 2455, 2 TB 7200 RPM SATAIII HDD (WD2000FYYZ), Microsoft Windows* 7 Service Pack 1. Source: Intel internal testing as of April 2013.
Previous configuration: Intel® C216 chipset-based Intel Xeon processor-based workstation platform with one Intel Xeon processor E3-1275 v2 (quad-core, 3.5 GHz, 8M cache), ACRVMBY1.86C.0096.P00 September 9, 2012, Intel HT Technology best configuration, 8 GB memory (2x 4 GB DDR3-1600 ECC UDIMM), Intel HD Graphics P4000 with driver 2712, 2 TB 7200 RPM SATAIII HDD (WD2000FYYZ), Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Source: Intel internal testing as of April 2013.
New configuration: Intel® C226 chipset-based Intel Xeon processor-based workstation platform with one Intel Xeon processor E3-1286 v3 (quad-core, 3.7 GHz, 8M cache), BDW-E1R1.86C.0064.R01.1402210557, Intel HT Technology best configuration, 16 GB memory (4x 4 GB DDR3-1600 ECC UDIMM), Intel HD Graphics P4600/4700 with driver 3496, Intel® SSD 530, Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Source: Intel internal testing as of April 2014.
Results are the geometric mean of view sets: (creo-01, energy-01, maya-04, medical-01, showcase-01, snx-02, sw-03)
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5
1. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel® microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more information, go to www.intel.com/performance.
2. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.
3. Intel processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
4. Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel® microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2 and SSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel® microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product user and reference guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice. Notice revision #20110804
5. SPEC* and the benchmark names SPECint*, SPECfp*, SPECjbb*, SPECjEnterprise*, SPECvirt_sc*, SPECpower_ssj*, SPECompM*, and SPECompL* are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation.