Block Diagram: Describes the functions, capabilities, and connectivity within the platform.
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Mobile Intel® QM87 and HM86 Chipsets
Formerly Shark Bay Mobile (Haswell + Lynx Point)
These processors are based on Intel® microarchitecture formerly known as Haswell, manufactured on 22nm process technology with 3-D tri-gate transistors. This platform provides excellent CPU, graphics, media performance, flexibility, and enhanced security over the 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors, making it ideal for a broad range of intelligent systems.
- Intel® HD Graphics 4600: Provides high-end media and graphics capabilities for devices that display videos, 2-D/3D graphics and interactive content.
- Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel® AVX2): Accelerates integer/matrix compute performance for signal and image processing applications.
- Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI): Supports hardware acceleration for data encryption and decryption.
- Intel® Flex I/O: Allows user to assign four to six SATA 6.0 Gbps, six to eight PCI Express* Gen 2.0 and four to six USB 3.0 ports, based on configuration needs.
- Intel® vPro™ technology: Delivers unprecedented hardware support for vital security and management.
Products using 4th generation Intel® Core™processors with mobile Intel® QM87 and HM86 chipsets
Check out some of the embedded products offered from our Solutions Alliance partners based on 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors with mobile Intel® QM87 and HM86 chipsets.
Browse the catalog >
Development kits available
Jumpstart your digital signage, point of sale (POS), and home entertainment application designs.
4th generation Intel® Core™ i5-4400E processor with Intel® QM87 chipset development kit >
4th generation Intel® Core™ i3-4100E processor with Intel® QM87 chipset development kit >
Firmware support package (FSP)
FSP for 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processors with mobile Intel® QM87 and HM86 chipsets >
Intel® EDC support
Access technical and sales assistance, register for an intel EDC account, or manage your account.Contact us >
Block Diagram: Describes the platform functions, capabilities, and connectivity. (v.1, Sept. 2013)
Explore Intel's past, present, and future embedded processors and chipsets.
Processor and chipset selection, peripheral devices, board size, power budget, and thermal analysis.
Schematic Review Service
Submit your design schematic, and we will analyze it for compliance to guidelines and report potential issues within one week.
Hardware Test Tool Loan Program
Provides debug and validation tools, including instructional videos, for supported products on a temporary loan basis.
The Design-In Tools store allows you to speed through motherboard and system design with validation tools and services available for purchase from Intel.
1. Intel processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
2. Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) requires a computer system with an Intel® AES-NI-enabled processor, as well as non-Intel software to execute the instructions in the correct sequence. Intel® AES-NI is available on select Intel® processors. For availability, consult your reseller or system manufacturer. For more information, see software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-advanced-encryption-standard-instructions-aes-ni.
3. Intel® vPro™ technology is sophisticated and requires setup and activation. Availability of features and results will depend upon the setup and configuration of your hardware, software, and IT environment. To learn more visit: www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/vpro/intel-vpro-technology-developer.html
4. Requires a system with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. Intel Turbo Boost Technology and Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 are only available on select Intel® processors. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
5. Available on select Intel® Core™ processors. Requires an Intel® Hyper Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) enabled system. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used. For more information including details on which processors support HT Technology, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html.
6. Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) requires activation and a system with a corporate network connection, an Intel® AMT-enabled chipset, network hardware and software. For notebooks, Intel AMT may be unavailable or limited over a host OS-based VPN, when connecting wirelessly, on battery power, sleeping, hibernating or powered off. Results dependent upon hardware, setup & configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-active-management-technology.html.