Tech Tips Articles
Features and Benefits
Enjoy Intel-level performance
Experience your movies, photos, and games smoothly and seamlessly thanks to a suite of visual enhancements built into the Intel® Core™ processor2. Feel the burst of speed that comes with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.03. And with Windows* 8, get the compatibility, performance, and flexibility to do everything you want. It all just works with Ultrabook™.
Responsive and ready to go
Intel® Smart Connect Technology4 continually updates your email and social networks so you can be both rested and connected. When you wake your Ultrabook™ from sleep mode, jump right in with Intel® Rapid Start Technology5. It brings Ultrabook™ from standby mode to life in less than seven seconds6, so you can get back to what you were doing in the blink of an eye.
Ultrabook™ Device Technologies8
- Intel® Smart Response Technology8
- Intel® Rapid Start Technology
- Intel® Identity Protection Technology
Peace of mind online: Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT)
Make sure your favorite web sites know it’s you. Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT)9 helps protect your identity and assets online by adding a trusted link to your system, your accounts, and your favorite online places. (Available only on select Intel-inspired Ultrabook™ devices featuring 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors.)
Our Innovation. Your Imagination.
It’s time to trade in your old PC for an Intel-inspired Ultrabook™ 2 in 1. It's a tablet when you want it and a full PC when you need it. Wake it in a flash, touch it, or talk to it, and multitask with blazing-fast performance. Use it all day long—safely and securely. And keep connected the whole time so you can play harder and work smarter. That's the power of Intel Inside®.
Meet Ultrabook™ 2 in 1, the ultimate convertible device—now powered by the new Intel® Core™ processor. Check out all the cool stuff you can do: wake it in a flash, touch it, talk to it, and multitask with blazing-fast performance. Go for hours and get peace of mind with built-in security features. And keep connected the whole time so you can work hard, but live the way you want: free.
VideosView More Videos
Compact tablet/laptop design boosts confidence in professionals with hassle-free features. (0:35)
When Family Matters,...
Watch how Ultrabook™ enables a mom to focus on what matters, her family. (1:27)
Ultrabook™ Delivers Flexible...
Touch- and voice-enabled apps and long battery life are powered by 4th gen Intel® processors. (1:25)
Sung Choi, Designer
Sung Choi's compact and lightweight Ultrabook™ pushes his design and footwear business forward.
Responsiveness Technologies ...
Overview of how three powerful technologies make PCs more responsive, deliver speed, and...
Responsive and Ready to Go
Ultrabook™ continually updates your email and social networks and awakes almost instantly.
Tap Into a Better Experience
Ultrabook™ with touch display delivers stunning visuals, offering ultimate precision and...
Tech Chef: Different...
Tech Tidbits 2Go! covers different Ultrabook™ convertible types and their attributes. (2:07)
Ben Rayner, Photographer
Ben Rayner uses Ultrabook™ to enable his creativity and his business.
Ultrabook™ | Tech Chef
The Tech Chef gives you the dish on Ultrabook™. (2:05)
Convert Laptop to Tablet
Transform your experience flipping and swiveling your Ultrabook™ to convert from laptop to...
Performance You Can See and...
Experience media smoothly and seamlessly and enjoy the slim, light look of Ultrabook™ design. (0:36)
Touch, Windows 8* on...
Tech Chef shows how Ultrabook™ provides seamless touch and traditional control options.
Taking Your Ultrabook™ to Work
Ultrabook™ features make it an ideal work computer.
What is an Ultrabook™...
Tech Chef explains how an Ultrabook™ convertible combines tablet gaming with PC performance.
1. Ultrabook™ products are offered in multiple models. Some models may not be available in your market. Consult your Ultrabook™ manufacturer. For more information and details, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/sponsors-of-tomorrow/ultrabook.html.
2. Built-in visual features are not enabled on all PCs, and optimized software may be required. Check with your system manufacturer. Learn more at www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/visual-technology/intel-visual-technology-consumer.html.
3. Requires a system with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology and Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 are only available on select Intel® processors. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
4. Intel® Smart Connect Technology requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, Intel® Wireless adapter, and Internet connectivity. Solid-state memory or drive equivalent may be required. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
5. Intel® Rapid Start Technology transitions a system that is in Sleep or Standby, an S3 power state that keeps memory and other components powered, to a hardware power state that does not do so, an S4 power state. Refer to manufacturer’s specifications for system specific information.
6. Results have been estimated based on internal Intel analysis and are provided for informational purposes only. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance.
7. No computer system can provide absolute security. Requires an enabled Intel® processor, enabled chipset, and firmware and software optimized to use the technologies. Consult your system manufacturer and software vendor for more information.
8. Intel® Smart Response Technology requires a Intel® Core™ processor, select Intel® chipset, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology software version 12.5 or higher, and a solid-state hybrid drive reporting at least 16 GB capacity and supporting SATA-I/O hybrid information feature. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
9. No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an Intel® Identity Protection Technology-enabled system, including a 3rd or 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor, an enabled chipset, firmware, software, and participating website. Consult your system manufacturer. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any resulting damages. For more information, visit http://ipt.intel.com.