Your Ultrabook™ with the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250 Wi-Fi + 4G WiMAX combines fast 802.16e-2005 Wave 2 WiMAX (up to 28 Mbps downlink/6 Mbps uplink1) and Intel wireless speed (up to 300 Mbps2), range, and reliability with Intel-only wireless features to deliver the best connected experience.
|Features and Benefits|
802.11agn, 2x2, dual band delivers up to 300 Mbps speed and greater range and reliability; 5 GHz boosts speeds and reduces congestion; energy efficient2 for greater mobility and convenience.
|Intel® 4G WiMAX||Multi-band 802.16e-2005 Wave 2 delivers multi-band (2.3 GHz, 2.5 GHz, 3.5 GHz) performance with up to 28 Mbps downlink and 6 Mbps uplink for ultra-fast, multi-band global coverage.|
Get a front row seat to all your personal and online favorites on the big screen with a simple wireless connection.
|Intel® Smart Connect Technology4
||Automatically updates important content even while your Ultrabook™ is asleep or for quicker Internet access on resume.|
|Intel® Wi-Fi HotSpot Assistant5||Experience the power of instant connectivity to millions of free and paid Wi-Fi hotspots worldwide with Intel® Wi-Fi HotSpot Assistant–exclusively available only on Intel® wireless products. Auto-connect to available Wi-Fi hotspots as you roam—no more annoying manual login process at each hotspot. With Intel® Smart Connect Technology, even your favorite cloud content (email, social networks, news, etc.) is automatically refreshed as your Ultrabook™ sleeps.
|Intel® My WiFi Dashboard6
||Share seamlessly and directly with other Wi-Fi devices. Chat, transfer files, or create a personal hotspot over Wi-Fi Direct* without WLAN or hotspot access.|
1. Results based on conductive test data, actual results may vary based on your specific hardware, connection rate, site conditions, network service and software configurations. See www.intel.com/performance/mobile/index.htm for more information. WiMAX connectivity requires a WiMAX enabled device and subscription to a WiMAX broadband service. WiMAX connectivity may require you to purchase additional software or hardware at extra cost. Availability of WiMAX is limited, check with your service provider for details on availability and network limitations. Broadband performance and results may vary due to environment factors and other variables. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-network/wimax-technology-general.html for more information.
2. References to power consumption refer to Wi-Fi module power consumption comparisons versus competing 802.11n WLAN solutions. Actual platform battery life savings will vary depending on your specific operating system, hardware, and software configurations. Check with your PC manufacturer for details.
3. Requires an Intel® WiDi enabled system and Intel® WiDi enabled receiver device. 1080p and Blu-ray* or other protected content playback only available on 3rd or 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor-based PCs with built-in visuals enabled, a compatible receiver device and media player, and supporting Intel® WiDi software and graphics driver installed. Consult your PC manufacturer. For more information, see www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html.
4. Intel® Smart Connect Technology requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, Intel® Wireless adapter, and Internet connectivity. Solid-state memory or drive equivalent may be required. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
5. Intel® WiFi Hotspot Assistant requires an Intel® wireless adapter. Check with your PC manufacturer for details.
6. Intel® My WiFi Dashboard is an optional feature and requires additional software and an Intel® Centrino® wireless adapter. Wi-Fi devices must be certified by the Wi-Fi Alliance for 802.11a/g/n and Wi-Fi Direct* in order to connect.